Friday 10 May 2013

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my blog!

Me harvesting timber, with my bare hands!
(except I am wearing gloves for health and safety reasons)

I will naturally assume that because you are reading this blog you either stumbled upon it by accident (and should click this link to promptly but politely make your excuses and leave) or you, like me, have such an insatiable hunger for woodworking content that you too would stoop so low in the woodworking blogosphere to try to retrieve whatever caked on content you can scrape from the bottom of my dusty barrel!

If you are still reading let me start by telling you a little about myself.

My name is Lee and I am a woodworker. It has been three years since I first felt the obsession take hold and it gets stronger every day. The force is so strong in this one that I am now one year into a two year long woodworking course in Malmö, Sweden.

This blog idea originally started out as somewhere for me to showcase my school projects. Wait, hang on! It’s actually a result of my school deciding to have an exhibition showcasing the work produced by its students. They suggested that if we have blogs or websites that we should have information linking to them at the exhibition or on business cards. Not having either, I decided that it was time to take my first tentative steps into writing a simple blog.

But the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to write a blog about woodworking in general. The blog will, of course, talk about my projects but will also talk about the things I am learning or wondering about within the world of woodworking.

I plan to have lots of links to other sites, blogs, videos and any other content that I find entertaining or useful. At the same time, I want to create useful content myself. I want this blog to have quality over quantity. When I write a post, I want the reader to find the information useful or humorous and then feel the urge to check back again and again.

Now that all the waffle is done with, it's time for me to get to work populating these pages!

So, I hope you enjoy WoodForTheTrees and come back as often as possible for lots of smooth woodworking action!

Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment